Red Teaming Fundamentals Master Course

Red Teaming: The Fundamentals

Mossé Cyber Security Institute teaches a unique approach to penetration testing based on simulating the attack techniques and strategies of real attackers against organisations’ networks for defence purposes.

Red Teaming – The Fundamentals is a basic yet potent introductory course to Red Teaming. Our instructors teach the fundamental knowledge and skills that novice Red Teamers require to deliver cyber-attack simulations. No prior knowledge of computer hacking is assumed. Detailed step-by-step instructions are provided for students to learn how to attack Windows networks using some of the same ways that like real attackers use.

Our teaching approach in our Red Teaming course involves imparting the fundamental concepts and strategies that underline every attack campaign. Through our approach and method, we thus ensure that our students gain a profound understanding of how to attack any computer networks without being limited to relying on premade hacking toolsets. We should also note that toolsets such as Kali or Metasploit are rarely, if ever, employed by real attackers. The adversaries do their own security research, and build their own tools. After taking this course you may also be able to build your own tools.

Theoretical knowledge makes up 40% of the class, and the other 60% consists of practical exercises. At the end of the course, a Red Team exercise is conducted that can be reproduced at your workplace.

Course Outcome
You will learn strategies and tactics to reproduce real-world attack campaigns against enterprise networks for defence purposes. Below are some of the tactics and strategic learnings you can expect form this course:
  • Key Windows internals knowledge for offensive missions
  • Writing your own malware in any programming language
  • Stealing credentials over the network, from RAM and from disk
  • Traversing the network and compromising multiple endpoints
  • Survive computer reboot and remain undetected
  • Deploy long-term espionage tools on the endpoints

If you work on the defensive side of cyber security, this course teaches you the most common attack techniques that are employed by the adversaries to compromise Windows networks. Companies that can fine-tune their security defences to prevent, detect and respond to the techniques imparted in this course will be in an extremely good position to defend against their critical IT assets against modern-day attackers.

Intended Audience
Newcomers to the IT security industry, penetration testers, Red Teamers, incident responders, malware analysts, security engineers, and forensics analysts.


This course is taught by experienced Mossé Security’s instructors. Our instructors have over 10 years of experience delivering penetration testing, red teaming and incident response services for a multitude of industries that have involved complex and multi-faceted approaches. Our instructors each possess the right balance of corporate experience and are competently skilled in presenting and teaching to groups.

Beyond their technical abilities and years of professional experience, our instructors are also trained teachers and public speakers. Their manner of teaching easily conveys their passion for computer security to every one of our students.

What value do I receive when I attend a course with MCSI?

Notify Me!

We contact you next time this course runs