MPT - Certified Penetration Tester
- Understand the vulnerability research and exploitation process in full
- Write custom penetration testing tools when that’s needed
- Master the major penetration testing tools and use them when it’s appropriate
- Perform code reviews and dynamic fuzzing
- Write penetration testing proposals and reports that delight customers
Penetration Tester Certification Programme:
Students must successfully complete MCSI’s Penetration Tester Fusion Course and its 100 practical exercises in our Online Learning Platform prior to undertaking the Final Online Assessment to obtain this certification:
Final Online Assessment:
The final assessment is a blend of online challenges and virtual machines to compromise.
Individuals who hold the MPT Certification can apply for Junior and Intermediate Penetration Testing jobs worldwide with the confidence that they have the competencies that the industry is seeking for in these roles.
As an MSCI Certified Penetration Tester you will be ready to perform the following:
Identify and exploit the most common web and mobile application vulnerabilities. For example:
- SQL Injection
- Object Injection
- XXE Injection
- Arbitrary Command Execution
- File Inclusion
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Brute Forcing
- Session Fixation
Identify and exploit the most common infrastructure vulnerabilities. For example:
- Missing critical security patches
- Privilege escalation
- Dumping and reusing credentials
- Lateral movement and pivoting
Identify and exploit memory corruption vulnerabilities. For example:
- Reverse engineering network protocols
- Stack overflows
- Bypass stack cookies, ASLR, NX/DEP
- Egg hunters
- Return Oriented Programming
Write custom attack tools using scripting languages:
Use all the major penetration testing tools:
- Burp Suite
- John the Ripper / Hashcat
- SSH Tunnelling
Why MCSI’s Penetration Testing Certification is World Class:
- World-Class Requirements Met Are Above Standard: Holders of the MPT Certification have completed 100 practical online exercises thus demonstrating that they have the skills and knowledge required to deliver web, mobile and infrastructure penetration testing. Students take an average of 6 months to complete these exercises.
- Internals Focused: Students who have obtained this Certification have demonstrated that they have a full understanding of the vulnerability research and exploitation process. This Certification focuses on the internals of how vulnerabilities are identified and exploited rather than remembering commands for tools (though it does cover tools as well).
- Programming Orientated: Many of the challenges that students must pass to obtain this certification require students to write software in scripting languages. This guarantees that penetration testers certified by MCSI understand how vulnerabilities are created and what it takes to write custom exploitation tools.