MBT - Certified Blue Teamer
- Investigate compromised machines and uncover what the attackers did
- Rapidly reverse engineer and analyse malware samples to understand adversary capabilities
- Identify anomalies and indicators of attacks on the network that enterprise security products have failed to catch
- Track ongoing attack campaigns and provide actional advice to teams in charge of defending the network(s)
- Harden and protect networks against the most common attack vectors
Blue Teamer Certification Programme:
Students must successfully complete MCSI’s Blue Teaming Fusion Course and its 100 practical exercises in our Online Learning Platform prior to undertaking the Final Online Assessment to obtain this certification:
Final Online Assessment:
The final assessment is a set of online challenges.
Students who have successfully achieved their MBT Certification can apply for Junior and Intermediate Blue Teamer jobs worldwide (level 1 and 2 security SOC analysts), with the confidence that they have the competencies the industry is seeking for these roles.
As an MSCI Certified Blue Teamer you will be ready to perform the following:
Deploy and manage incident mitigation strategies and tools:
- Application whitelisting
- Patching applications and operating system
- Hardening user applications and operating system
- Automated analysis and content filtering
- Restrict administrative privileges
- Network segmentation
- Intrusion detection and response
- Backup and recovery
Investigate and contain security intrusions on Linux and Windows systems:
- Using all log types and sources
- Performing timeline analysis
- Conducting impact assessments
- Recover compromised systems
- Writing detection rules
Analyse suspicious binaries and malware samples:
- Structured reverse engineering
- Static and dynamic analysis
- Rapidly identifying different malware types
- Reverse engineer shellcode
Identify “unknown unknowns” in the network
Produce usable and actionable threat intelligence that assists business leaders make cyber security investment and divestment decisions
Write custom security tools to defend large-scale enterprise networks
Why MCSI’s Red Teamer Certification is World Class:
- World-Class Requirements Met Are Above Standard: Holders of the MBT Certification have completed 100 practical online exercises thus demonstrating that they have the skills and knowledge in the following areas: cyber defence, digital forensics, threat hunting, reverse engineering and threat intelligence.
- Internals Focused: Students who have obtained this Certification have demonstrated that they have a full understanding of the internals of Windows and Linux for digital forensics, threat hunting and malware analysis purposes.
- Programming Orientated: The challenges that students have had to overcome successfully in order to obtain this Certification have required them to write software in C/C++, Golang, PowerShell, and Python. This guarantees that Blue Teamers certified by MCSI can write custom defence tools to defend large-scale enterprise networks.